TENS machine hire
5 weeks TENS machine rental for only $60 (plus fully refundable $60 bond).
We’ll even extend your rental free of charge if your baby is in no rush to arrive!
Here’s the deal
- 5 weeks TENS machine rental
- TENS unit delivery approximately 3 weeks prior to due date
- FREE extension to hire period if baby still on board
- FREE delivery/FREE local drop off within 5KMs of Birkdale (or if near to one of our teaching venues)
- FREE return postage/FREE local pickup within 5KMs of Birkdale (or if near to one of our teaching venues)
Please note our posting/local drop off days are Thursdays and Sundays each week, and we require at least one day’s notice to prepare your order. Please allow for this when you order; it is best to place your order in plenty of time if possible. We are based in Birkdale, Auckand – pickups can be arranged if you are local and need the TENS machine urgently.
Out of stock
A TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) machine is a battery-operated device that can be used to treat pain. TENS machines work by delivering small electrical impulses that flood the nervous system, reducing its ability to transmit pain signals to the spinal cord and brain. The pulses stimulate your body to release natural, feel good substances called endorphins which are natures own pain relief hormone.
The use of TENS machines is growing more and more popular among labouring women. One of the biggest reasons being that it is completely drug-free, unlike medical forms of pain relief that can cross the placenta and may affect your baby.
- TENS will not interfere with active labour. You can still move about as much as you like.
- It is safe for you and your baby.
- No unwanted side effects
- It’s an effective method of drug-free pain relief.
- It can be used at home, hospital or birthing centres.
- It’s non-invasive and portable.
- It’s easy to use.
- You can use it for as long as you like and can take it off if you want or need to.
- You control it.
- It will help you stay relaxed and in control.
- It can safely be used when an external foetal monitor is in place.
The Elle TENS is the latest in digital technology. It has an integrated booster button and the ability to switch between two different burst and boost ranges at the touch of a button to ensure maximum pain relief. See common questions about using Elle TENS Machines and view the Elle TENS ‘Instructions for Use‘.