TENS machine hire
6 weeks TENS machine rental for only $60 (plus fully refundable $60 bond).
Here’s the deal:
- 6 weeks TENS machine rental
- TENS unit delivery approximately 3 weeks prior to due date
- Extensions to hire period possible if you would like to keep the TENS a bit longer or need more time to return it. Just $10 per week (or part of) – if the TENS is returned late, we will simply deduct this from your bond before it’s refunded back to you.
- FREE delivery or FREE local drop off within 5KMs of Birkdale (or if near to one of our teaching venues)
- FREE return postage or FREE local pickup within 5KMs of Birkdale (or if near to one of our teaching venues)
If you are placing a last-minute order, please note that our TENS dispatch days are Wednesdays and Sundays each week. We require at least one day’s notice to prepare your order; orders must be received by 12 noon on Tues/Sat to go out the following day.
We are based in Birkdale, Auckand – pickups can be arranged if you are local and need the TENS machine urgently.
Out of stock
A TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) machine is a battery-operated device that can be used to treat pain. TENS machines work by delivering small electrical impulses that flood the nervous system, reducing its ability to transmit pain signals to the spinal cord and brain. The pulses stimulate your body to release natural, feel good substances called endorphins which are natures own pain relief hormone.
The use of TENS machines is growing more and more popular among labouring women. One of the biggest reasons being that it is completely drug-free, unlike medical forms of pain relief that can cross the placenta and may affect your baby.
- TENS will not interfere with active labour. You can still move about as much as you like.
- It is safe for you and your baby.
- No unwanted side effects
- It’s an effective method of drug-free pain relief.
- It can be used at home, hospital or birthing centres.
- It’s non-invasive and portable.
- It’s easy to use.
- You can use it for as long as you like and can take it off if you want or need to.
- You control it.
- It will help you stay relaxed and in control.
- It can safely be used when an external foetal monitor is in place.
The Elle TENS is the latest in digital technology. It has an integrated booster button and the ability to switch between two different burst and boost ranges at the touch of a button to ensure maximum pain relief. See common questions about using Elle TENS Machines and view the Elle TENS ‘Instructions for Use‘.